A Travellerspoint blog

The Happiest Place in Japan :D

Sunny day in Disneyland!

sunny 4 °C


DISNEYLAND!!!! So that pretty much sums up our day :)

But for a little more information.... I couldn't sleep this morning so I headed out early to go to the supermarket and find some lipgloss and on my way I was passed by lots of businessmen and women heading to their first day back at work after the holiday break. It was so cool to see them all dressed up and rugged up and it made me wish I worked somewhere that had a decent winter where I could dress up like that! After I got back and the others were ready we headed to Tully's Coffee for breakfast on our way to the station where we had to change twice to get us to the Tokyo Disney line. We ended up changing 3 times though because I took a wrong turn :( But once we did get there we realised how glad we were that we had bought our tickets on a previous day!! The line outside the gates was ridiculously long, but we got to walk straight past everyone and straight through the gates. That made us feel like celebrities and we all decided they would think Nick was Justin Beiber so we waved at everyone as we walked past :)

It was very exciting to walk through the gates and see the big castle in the middle and hear all the Disney music, and after searching unsuccessfully for an English map, we walked through the Grand Emporium entrance gates, past the shops, and straight onto the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. It was similar to the one I had been on at Euro Disney, but a little more amusing as some of the characters were yelling out in Japanese which made it a bit hard to be scared of them. After this ride we wandered round for a little while, I organised some FastPass tickets for the Big Thunder Mountain Rollercoaster, we climbed the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse, went on the Peter Pan ride and then had some hot dogs for lunch. It must still be school holidays over here because there were lots of kids everywhere as well as teenagers dressed up as Mickey Mouse and carrying buckets of popcorn around their necks. Most of the rides had about an hour waiting time but it was kind of amusing standing in line and having the little Asian toddlers staring at us because we looked different!

After lunch Nick and Marc decided to go on the Star Wars ride but it had a 70 minute wait and Zac and I weren't that keen so we split up for a while and went to find coffee and look through the souvenir shops. We also stumbled across one of the shows and had to stop and watch because it was just too bizarre seeing Japanese people dressed up in Brazilian outfits dancing with a huge mascot Minnie Mouse to this strange Tango/Pop mix. When we met up again (Nick and Marc had bailed on the ride and went to a Captain EO movie) we went to Toon Town and went on the race cars and then took some photos with the cartoon buildings and watched the Disney Parade before heading back to Big Thunder Mountain to again walk right past the line of people who were looking at a 2 hour wait and got straight onto the next cart! It was no Cyclone or Tower of Terror, but it was definitely the best ride there. The scariest part was that it didn't seem to be designed for tall people so I was a little concerned one of the boys was going to lose his head on the tight turns. But we all survived so that was a relief! And then walked out past all the grumpy people still lining up... Suckers!

By now it was about 3pm and starting to get seriously freezing! So we had a look around a few more shops, took some photos in front of the castle (one of which we managed to convince some Japanese girls in school girl outfits with mouse ears to pose with us in!) and then headed back to the train station before it got dark and therefore unbearably cold. Back at Tokyo station we found a cafe and had some dinner before getting on the Metro and heading back to our station. We stopped at our "local" bar again on the way home and had a drink to numb our aching legs before going back to our hotel. The boys all chilled in one room while I had a shower to de-thaw my bones and now we are sitting around waiting for the new episode of Sherlock to download so we can all watch it before heading off to bed. But embarrassing that it is only 7pm and I'm ready for bed but it was just too exciting a day for me!

Hope you are all enjoying being back at work! Hehe :)

Posted by clairebear89 02:29 Archived in Japan

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

Comments on this blog entry are now closed to non-Travellerspoint members. You can still leave a comment if you are a member of Travellerspoint.

Enter your Travellerspoint login details below

( What's this? )

If you aren't a member of Travellerspoint yet, you can join for free.

Join Travellerspoint